Tuesday 6 January 2015

Happy New Year



Welcome to my new blog, 

 I am Pamela and I am a quilter,  I want to complete some of my unfinished quilts this year and I am going to enter in a 2015 Finish-Along hosted by Adrianne.  www.onthewindyside.co.nz.  

This is just what I needed for inspiration and motivation.  But the first challenge has been to set up a blog so I can join in; I wanted a blog because I will journal my progress.  This has been a whole new experience for me and will be a work in progress as I learn to improve my blog.

I have made quilts for family since I took my first class, probably about 1984.  I have been a member of Capital Quilters, Lower Hutt, New Zealand since the first year the group started. Along the way I have made a collection of quite a few unfinished projects and I have to confess that I have a UFO from about then which I have put on my list to complete in 2015. It is one of those quilts a beginner decides to do and then puts it in the too hard basket! 

Why I actually want to finish this and the others is, (not because they are masterpieces), but because they each have a story and a lot of memories in them.  The second reason is that I really love the modern quilts and want to make some but my New Year's resolution is that I do the finish-along first.........that's all the motivation I need!!!






1 comment:

I love to hear from you and appreciate your comments :)