Friday 3 April 2015

Finished Quilt

I am so pleased that I have been able to complete one of my Finish Along goals at www.onthewindyside.co.nz with Adrianne.

This small baby's quilt (Tumbling Blocks) was number 2 on my list,  I wanted to start small and practise my machine quilting.  I am very pleased with how it turned out.  I am especially pleased with the back.  I pieced it in a modern design because I can't wait to finish my ufo's and start on other quilts.


This quilt has been on the go for a long time; worked on and then put away; paper pieced and made out of scraps.  Some of the scraps were given to me by my great great aunt who started patchwork back in the 1970's when visiting America.  She is now 101 years old.

The quilt measures 30 inches x 36 inches and the top was already to be sandwiched and machine quilted.







I am really looking to Q2 and finishing some more off my list.

Pamela

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Adrianne and thank you for hosting the 2015 Finish Along. It has got me motivated!

      Delete

I love to hear from you and appreciate your comments :)