Sunday 24 July 2016

Progress on Baby Quilt

Hi,
I worked to my goal of quilting the nine blocks for the baby quilt by Friday and I am pleased with myself that I achieved it.  This is a quilt-as-you-go project and I now need to choose a material for joining the squares together.
Perhaps a plain from a colour below.  The photo below is the material in the wonky star and is a picture of sweets I used to get as a child.   Heart-shaped, multi-coloured, with the varied messages on them.  It brought back a lot of memories.  It also brought out the graphic designer in me and my love of text, objects and shapes and hence my choice of materials for the quilt.
I will have to put this project aside this week to work on the up-cycled jacket.  It is a blue women's jacket and I have chosen strips of batik material to decorate it.  More about it and photos next week.

Wishing you a good week.
Pamela

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you and appreciate your comments :)